First of all today....HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIO KIKONES, YOU ARE THE BEST BROTHER, UNCLE, AND BROTHER-IN-LAW WE COULD EVER ASK FOR...WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND WE MISS YOU INCREDIBLY!!! :o) WE HOPE YOU HAVE ENJOYED YOUR SPECIAL DAY!!!
Here we are just finishing another full day at home...
Luca continues to recover really well and with such speed...today he was climbing up and down the couches with a lot more ease. He's been playing with his toys more and more as he did before the surgery, his energy level is going back to normal QUICK and he even started running a bit today....waiiiiiiiiiit Luca, you cannot run just yet...the difficult part is trying to make him to still slow down a bit...ehhehe...no, but he is still a lot more quiet than normal...of course, we are not even one week post-surgery yet...eheheh
The only thing that I can tell it's bothering him is the itching now...he keeps touching and trying to scratch his chest and I can tell he's trying to itch his scar. It's because the surgical glue is starting to peel off already and to dry up the edges so I can totally see why it's itching so much. I called the nurse today at the cardiothoracic department and she told me to put NOTHING on it...to just distract him and leave it...or if it gets realllllll bad I can give him a bit of Benadryl. We'll see, if I put some light pressure on his chest it seems to help him, nurse told us not to even rub it. I am also trying to keep him with an onesie at all times so he can't reach under his shirt and get to the scar...and I am constantly watching him and not letting him do it but it must be hard poor little man...
Other than that nothing else is happening with him...he's not in pain, his appetite is back to normal (they told us it would take a month, yeah right, with Luca? eheheheh), his activity level is going back to normal also, he's always in great spirits and even starting to do silly things and things he knows he's not allowed...but I still feel sorry for him going thru all this so I am letting things pass (for now!)... hopefully he's not going to get too spoiled by all this ;o) But then again, who cares, right, poor kid went thru so much that we can close our eyes to a lot of things for a while...
I still have a ton of laundry to do which I am not in the mood to start just yet, maybe tomorrow... now I am more worried about my 3hr glucose tolerance test on Monday... I've been watching my diet the best I can, no sugars, no carbs, no sodium, no this no that...no chocolate...Gosh, I love chocolate and that's been one of the few pregnancy "desires" that I've had so far but not even that I can have now...even thru the whole time at the hospital with all the anxiety I did not even eat one piece of chocolate, can you guys believe? Now THAT's a sacrifice...eheheh...but I am surviving... my first glucose test came back to be 150 and my doc told me that my limit was 140 so I was definitely above the norm...we'll see now, hopefully with less stress the #'s will also come down a bit, not sure if stress influenced it or not, I like to think it did...ehhehe!
Good night to all,
Helo ;o)
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Querida, tb acredito que a glicose tenha subido por causa do strese.. com certeza segunda quando fizer o exame vai estar normal... fique tranquila...A Pri tb está louquinha pra comer chocolate, mas só vai comer depois que Valentina nascer (fez promessa, rsrsrs)
Quanto ao Luca... meu DEUS, já está ativo assim...e pra dormir??? ele tb tem que dormir de barriga pra cima como o Airton???? (isso não é fácil, ele reclama toda noite, rsrsrs)...hummm esse menino vai ficar mimaaadoooo... massss ele podeeee...heheheh
Helo, se cuideeee!!!!!!
Beijosssss.... LOVE!!!!!
Bete/Airton
Helo, se cuida, querida, mas não encana com esses exames... e um pequenino pedaço de chocolate não vai te fazer mal não! que bom ouvir sobre as peraltices do Luca, cada dia vai ficar mais sapeca!
Estamos esperando a Gabi por estas bandas hoje.. bjkas Carol
I am so happy for u!!! Luca is a great boy!! Do not worry about the test and definetly stress and anxiety are increasing the result (I know from my experience). Kisses Elina
Post a Comment