Here. we. go. AGAIN.....
One more heart procedure for Luca...we thought his 1st one (full repair) would be IT for a lonnnnnnng while but I guess God had other plans... We went in for an echo in the beginning of August and we were told that Luca needed a heart catheterization to open up one of the branches of his pulmonary artery. Right at the point where it splits and it goes into his right lung is too narrow and it needs to be opened up either thru an angioplasty (balloon) or thru a stent. We will only know which one after the procedure.
We are scheduled to arrive tomorrow Tue - Oct 5th at 6am because his cath will start at 7:30am. They are telling us it should last approx 2-3hrs and then he'll have to go to a recovery room for another 4-6hrs, where he'll have to lay down and stay mostly quiet w/out moving his leg too much...yeah, right...Luca? Well, maybe under some medication....ehheh
This procedure is normally outpatient, meaning that we get to go home the same night...they are telling us that more or less we'll have to stay at the hospital for approx 12hrs or so... we really hope to be back home tomorrow night...
Luca cannot eat anything after midnight...and can drink only water up to 5:30am...after that NOTHING! That might be also difficult as he will start asking for milk but hopefully he'll be so tired that he'll sleep most of the morning until he's taken in by the nurse. And that's the moment that I DO NOT look forward to...I remember very well the 1st time and it was one of the hardest moments for me: letting go of my baby to the nurse who will take him in for the procedure.... HARRRRRRRD! I know I will totally ball my eyes out for sure...but by then Luca will not see me anymore until he's in the recovery room...
Anyways, I should be in bed right now...eheheh...it's 11:50pm and we will have to wake up at 4am...
I will try to update this blog during the time that we are at the hospital so everyone can be updated as to what is going on!
Thank you so much in advance for everyone's love, prayers, good thoughts and positive spirits!!
Love always,
The Santospiritos ;o)
Monday, October 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I'm a beat nervous and some tears are running down my face while I was read your words. It's a very hard moment for all of you but you know that our babies are very, very strong and they always managed to get through it.
As always tell you, we would like to be there with you to hugh you. I will try to call you. Love you, Elena
Vai lá LUca mostra pra eles o seu coração de Leão!!!!
Helo & Gaio... estamos orando e enviando energias positivas.. Tia Irene manda dizer que está enviando os 72 anjos da guarda dela pra fica com o Luca... portanto fiquem tranquilos.. vai sair tudo bem!!!
Beijosss
Saudadesssss
Post a Comment