GOOD TIMES WITH LUCA...




Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Luca´s cath - 1st update

Good morning...we have left the house this morning at 4:45am...after driving a few miles my car´s computer tells us that we have a flat tire...what???? You are kidding me! Gaio stopped at a gas station and filled all the tires with air again and everything seemed to be ok then...

Luca was in good spirits this morning and during all the ride to CHLA, he never even asked for any food or milk...it was too early anyways...

We got here quite fast...no traffic...but boy there´s soooo many people driving around so early...

They took us in right away...changed Luca into his hospital PJ´s...measured his height (93cm), his weight (14.4kg), blood pressure, etc etc...then we went into a waiting room where he was so happy and playing with so many toys. He got a tiger and a dino and did not want to let them go. After that, we went into the surgery admitting area where we waited for a little bit...there we talked to a few doctors, signed our lives away (very scary)...and over there also they told us all kinds of horrible things that could potentially happen, etc...thanks a lot, we needed to hear all that...but I guess it´s standard procedure ;o(

Then they gave him some liquid medication for him to calm down and relax a little bit...he almost vomited b/c it does not taste good.... he was already relaxed even before the meds since it was so early and he was watching a tv where they were showing cartoons... After that, one of the nurses came and we kissed him and she rolled his bed away into the hallway... oh boy...that´s when I lost it... I knew I would...that is always the hardest moment for me...so difficult...

Then Gaetano and I left that area like 2 zumbis again not knowing which way to turn...we went downstairs and met my mom there waiting...when I saw her I hugged her and started balling even harder...Gosh this is so hard...

Now we ate some breakfast and we are waiting for some news from the doctors...

Now we have to wait for 2-3 hrs...these are normally the longest hours ever...my heart is beating fast...When I have some more news I´ll try to post again...Thanks for everyone´s prayers!

Kisses and hugs to all,

Helo ;o)

4 comments:

Claire said...

Thinking of you all, Love you,
Claire

Rana said...

XOXOXOXO!!!

Elisabete said...

Estamos aqui em sintonia..... Beijosssss

Amamos vcssss

Luquinha vai tirar de letra!!!!

Anonymous said...

be strong Luca and we will come to play with you soon.... Kisses
Elina